This appetizer 1. has vegetables in it, so you know it’s classy. 2. has bacon on it, so you know it’s delicious. 3. is on a cute lil’ toothpick, so it’s the perfect finger food. You’re welcome and bon appétit!
Brussels Sprouts Bacon Skewers
Takes about 35 minutes
What you'll need:
- 1 package best quality bacon
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch coarse sea salt
- Extra long toothpicks
- Preheat the oven to 425. While it heats, wash and drain the Brussels sprouts.
- Cut off the bottom part where a stem would be, and then cut in half longways. Cut the bacon strips into thirds.
- Take a toothpick and thread one end of a bacon strip, then one Brussels sprout, then the other end of the same bacon strip, then the other brussels sprout. The bacon will make a tidy little wrap for the sprouts.
- Place onto large rimmed cookie sheet and continue until you run out of ingredients.
PRO TIP: put a rack on your baking sheet and then place the skewers on top of this. It helps with grease!
- Sprinkle or brush olive oil and the balsamic vinegar over the skewers.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or until the bacon is crisp. Remove from oven, and attach the skewer flags weʼve designed for you! Just cut two tiny slits in the side and thread the toothpick through.