The title of this recipe has “gooey” and “baked” in it, so YES, your family is going to love it. FYI, this is the kind of dip where you use your chip as a shovel rather than doing a delicate dunk.
Gooey Baked Mozzarella Dip
Takes about 40 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 1 jar marinara of your choice
- 8 oz. of fresh mozzarella
- Several sprigs of fresh basil
- Parmesan for topping
- Olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- Get your prettiest oven-safe crock or baking dish, and pour in all the marinara.
- Slice or cube the mozzarella. Double points if you found the little cherry-sized balls in the cheese aisle. Those are the coolest.
- Place the mozzarella evenly around the marinara and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until the tops of the cheese pieces are GBAD (golden brown and delicious).
- Remove from oven, sprinkle torn pieces of basil on the top, and pour a little olive oil over the whole thing for a little added richness. Finish with a sprinkle of salt.
Pretzel rods are pretty much the perfect vehicle for this dip, but slices of a baguette toasted aggressively enough to make a sturdy dipper will also work!